Coating Warranty Terms and Conditions
Important Notice: EA Detailer Pte Ltd MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. User is responsible for determining whether the paint protection coating is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s method of application.
Limitation of Remedies and Liability: If paint protection coating is proved to be defective. THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AT EA Detailer’s OPTION, SHALL BE TO REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OR REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. EA Detailer shall not otherwise be liable for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including, but not limited to, contract, negligence, warranty, or strict liability.
Dealer Applicator Warranties: EA Detailer Pte Ltd’s paint protection coatings are offered extended warranties on our own, covering the value of the application performed. We are responsible for the costs of any extra warranties or remedies beyond those described herein.
Care and Maintenance: For maximum performance of Paint Protection Coating, it is recommended that frequent washings and care consistent with EAD’s recommendations for surfaces be used. A regular application of EAD range of services will help retain the lustre and performance of the paint protection coating.
You may contact us at email@example.com.
- Warranty Period
Warranty period commences on the day when products are applied and is only applicable to original non-processed panels. Warranty period’s duration depends on climate class and kind of treatment. This warranty is only valid if products have a EA Detailer-applied coating.During the warranty period, which commences on the first delivery date of any treated goods subject to the warranty, these products shall provide adequate protection against substrate pollution caused by external non-mechanical influences. Any warranty period shall not be extended or renewed because of repairs and/or any restoration works.
2.1 Coating is explicitly warranted in case of any damage resulting from:
- De-bonding within 12 months
- blistering and cracks;
- corrosion with a rust degree higher than Re3 according to EN ISO 4628-3;
- No Paint Protection Coating shall degrade harmfully, nor shall it discolour or turn white obnoxiously, in compliance with the manufacture’s specifications.
- Warranty conditions
Warranty only applies if it has been formally issued by EA Detailer. EA Detailer shall not issue any or a limited warranty if products are fitted at the customer’s or their authorised representative’s explicit request but against EA Detailer’s advice.
Coating defects which constitute less than 1 panel of the total project surface or which cannot be seen with the naked eye from a distance of at least 5 metres outside, shall be considered normal wear and tear and are therefore excluded from this warranty.
Warranty is void if:
- Customer has not fully paid their purchase;
- EA Detailer have not received any reports and/or written notification concerning any damage claims within one week after delivery;
- products have not been maintained according to the advised method (see 5.2);
- coating systems from another supplier than EA Detailer have been applied;
- complete or partial replacement has taken place with products not supplied by EA Detailer.
2.3 Warranty exclusions Is excluded from any warranty, any damage caused by:
- Any damage caused or applied by insured party either intentionally, knowingly or by gross negligence, even if such damage was caused with their complicity by transport damage and any coating damage caused by assembly work.
- Damages caused by:
- war, civil war, acts of terrorism or sabotage, revolts, riots, public riots, strikes, lock-outs, requisition, embargos, epidemics, accidents and any similar facts;
- volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, tidal wave and every other natural disaster of catastrophic nature;
- direct or indirect consequences of explosions, heat developments of more than 100 ° C, radiation, atomic nucleus, radioactivity, ion radiation, toxic, explosive or dangerous nuclear fuel or waste;
- molest or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Damages due to non-compliance with the rules on which the approval of the warranted products, profiles or materials was based.
- Damages caused by fundamental changes to the warranted products, profiles or materials.
- Damages caused by explicitly stated professional misconduct by insured party, more specifically non-compliance with laws, rules or practices which regulate the sectors of the insured party.
- Any damages to the coating due to:
- abnormal use, normal wear and tear and ageing;
- distortions, bending, extending, torsion and/or evolutions of the support surface;
- shocks or bumps of a mechanical origin;
- important and serious thermal shocks or bumps;
- ejections and fumes from chemicals, except when homologated by an expert;
- any support surface or substrate which was not pre-treated in accordance with the specifications stated by insured party;
- an abnormal movement or subsidence of the construction work;
- increasing humidity, coming from foundations or extensions;
- water infiltrations along uncoated surfaces;
- structural defects of the treated surfaces;
- thermal shocks and/or prolonged exposure to temperatures between -20 °C and 50 °C;
- defects caused by mechanical damage, mechanical shocks, important thermal shocks, friction of blunt objects, splashes and fumes from chemicals and metal dust.
- This guarantee on the other hand could be the subject of specific exclusions in the expert’s reports.
- All damages to the coating which was directly exposed to a seriously corrosive or aggressive environment, such as direct pollution or deterioration by factory smoke or chemicals. Experts shall judge jointly in such a case. In case of disagreement, the expert’s opinion shall decide.
- Damages due to one or more galvanic couples (several types of metal).
- Damages caused by contact with liquids or materials which the coating is not chemically resistant against.
- Non-justifiable delays in the execution of repairs or any preventive adjustments which were decided upon because of inspections, checks or tests.
- All damages caused by the provisos raised by expert or customer(s) at the moment of hand-over of projects/works, subject to those provisos not having been lifted.
- All damages caused by careless cleaning of treated surfaces with for example products which should not be used in the first place
- Late notification of damages; i.e. no written complaint from the purchaser within 7 working days after receipt.
- All damages caused by a continuous or abnormal immersion in aqueous solutions (retention). Defects because of standing water, permanent or changing loads because of moisture or condensation.
- All damages caused by applying products that no longer meet the set quality requirements from the supplier. (including use of coating products outside the determined periods).
- Total or partial replacement of treated materials, structures or profiles (substrates) or parts thereof.
- Defects of any kind and size, resulting from repairs.
- External factors of which the occurrence could not be foreseen when technical advice or specifications list was provided. This also includes the incorrect stress grade specification (climate class).
- Actions by third parties.
- Moss or crusting, grass or plants which are growing too close to it, contact with unforeseen waste.
- Defects caused by places where the paint protection coating’s curing curve can barely be realised because the location has too big a heat content (surface in relation to content).
- In the event of late notification, all defects caused by the inability to timely adjust and/or repair them, shall not be covered by this warranty.
- Transfer of Ownership
In case of transfer of ownership of the product in question and at the written request of the previous holder and new owner addressed to EA Detailer, transfer of the warranty with respect to the remaining warranty period can take place, provided however, that the product’s purpose does not change. The new owner shall receive written notification, after approval by EA Detailer, of the transfer of warranty which shall only be valid with respect to the new owner by such confirmation.
In the event of any damages, written notification must be filed within 5 days after ascertaining these damages, which will detail any shortcomings and any proposed repair possibilities to be executed as quickly as possible.
The owners must immediately be informed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org of all types of defects which can be repaired. The date of receipt of this letter shall be the starting date of the claim.
EA Detailer or their expert shall decide on the usefulness of summoning as soon as possible all parties concerned, in order to ascertain any damages and determine all necessary repair works.
All expertise costs shall be borne by the owner.
Warranty holder shall at all times allow and enable, both during the works and thereafter, control and inspection by or on behalf of EA Detailer. Warranty holder also agrees to have those ascertained defects immediately repaired and paid for which can influence all defects subject to this warranty.
For identification of any treated material, invoice date shall determine start date of any insured material.
For any ascertained defects, all guarantors shall ensure that all repair work shall take place in compliance with following conditions:
Any warranty is limited to, at the most, an amount equal to the amount (excl. GST) for which the coated project, or parts of the project, respectively were accepted (excluding index/inflation) or executed (excl. 10% own risk)
Are excluded from any repair costs:
- Disassembly costs
- Any consequential damages in their broadest sense
Warranty holder must in compliance with this warranty agreement have any repair work subject to this agreement done by the EA Detailer or their preferred partners. In case EA Detailer, cannot comply with their obligations resulting from agreement, it can be agreed with which EA Detailer’s approved sub-contractors shall execute any repair work on behalf of the warranty holder and which EA Detailer shall, on behalf of the warranty holder, supply all materials needed for these repair works.
If the warranty holder decides to have the repair works executed either not at all or in any other way, then this agreement shall become immediately and without notice or judicial intervention annulled without the warranty holder being able to derive any rights from it with respect to EA Detailer, who shall simultaneously be considered to be discharged from any obligations resulting from this warranty.
5.1 All products must be inspected by warranty holder at least once every 12 months and any necessary paperwork must be provided as proof.
In woodlands, coating can get polluted because of algae growth for example, but also because of iron and/or copper particles attaching themselves to the coating. In coastal areas, up to approx. 25 km inland, it is mainly chlorides (salt particles) which affect coating and in urban and industrial areas, it is the acidic environment which pollutes coating daily. In addition to these specific forms of pollution, particulate matter also rains down daily in all nooks and crannies where it gets attached to all coating.
For coated products to be taken proper care of, they must be serviced at least once a year (up to C3) and in more polluting environments (C3, C4) more often (at least twice a year) in compliance with following guidelines. Please refer to table below:
|ISO 9223 CATEGORY||ATMOSPHERIC CORROSIVITY||FREQUENCY OF CLEANING|
|C1||VERY LOW||MINIMUM ONE CLEANING EVERY 12 MONTHS|
|C2||LOW||MINIMUM ONE CLEANING EVERY 9 MONTHS|
|C3||MEDIUM||MINIMUM ONE CLEANING EVERY 6 MONTHS|
|C4||HIGH||MINIMUM ONE CLEANING EVERY 3 MONTHS|
|C5||VERY HIGH||MINIMUM ONE CLEANING EVERY 1 MONTHS|
Any cleaning frequency is largely determined by the degree of pollution, the nature and degree of importance and by visual aspects.
It is the task and responsibility for warranty holder to advise the most efficient method per situation. Usually, following standard cleaning process is sufficient:
- all products which require cleaning must be cold (max 25 °C). remove all coarse dirt by spraying clean tap water. Do not use high pressure washers.
- spray/mist with neutral or weak alkaline cleaning products, not acid ones, and leave them to soak. No cleaning products must ever affect any coating nor any adjacent materials. Do not use any organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohol, glycol ether or halogenated hydrocarbon etc.
- Do not use bleach, or any other aggressive products like laundry or washing-up detergents. Do not use any cleaning products of an unknown origin. Use pH-neutral cleaning products which are also environmentally friendly (glass, rubbers, sealants, plastics etc).
- Removing greasy, oily or soot-like substances can be done using flavour free fuel hydrocarbon products, which are also suitable for removing remainders of stickers, silicone rubber or adhesive tape etc. It is important that these remainders are removed immediately.
- Maximum soaking time of these products must not be more than one hour and at least 24 hours later the cleaning procedure may be repeated, if necessary.
- Only neutral products with a PH-value between 6 and 8 can be used.
- Manually remove any dirt from the surface using “non-woven nylon” white hand pad. Never use any abrasive and/or scratching (abrasive) cleaning products and/or tools. Emery cloth, sandpaper, steel wool, scotch-brite, wire brush and other similar coarse tools and materials must not be used.
- Subsequently rinse thoroughly with tap water and use only EAD’s recommended wax in the last bit after drying to provide an extra protective layer.
- Do not rub too forcefully in order to prevent coating damage.
- After cleaning, inspect coating for defects and have these immediately repaired professionally, should there be any.
- Stickers, grout, sealants, Scotch tape and masking tape can contain harsh chemicals and must therefore be tested before use whether they are suitable for the coating in question. Solar effects shall only enhance these chemicals’ aggressive properties.
- Applicable law
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.